In response to this lie by the  Zero Emissions Vehicle Association, many government bodies in various parts of the world are planning to soon outlaw the private ownership of all vehicles powered by internal combustion (IC) engines, claiming that this will somehow change the climate for the better and as a result, the world will only have blue skies every day!

     Needless to say, most people are not buying the lie!  The source of power for most BEVs is the electric grid which is far worse for the environment, and people's health than modern vehicles which are powered by IC engines. The adoption of BEVs will actually produce enormous environmental damage to the climate and the earth's air quality.

    More than 99% of electric vehicles today draw their electricity from the world's grid.   More than 80% of that energy comes from fossil fuels, about half from coal. Most of the remaining 20% is from hydroelectric plants that have man-made lakes that generate large amounts of CO2 from the rotting biological materials in them. see: 

     According to the American Lung Association, the energy coming from these electric utility plants is far more harmful to people's health than automotive emissions, which are mostly non-toxic CO2. They observe that on top of their massive amounts of CO2 emissions "natural gas, oil, and biomass power plants also emit significant (toxic) air pollutants. These emissions include sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, and carbon monoxide, as well as hazardous pollutants that can cause cancer and other health problems."  Is health not a large concern to the lawmakers that are pushing to give utility companies a future monopoly on all motive power? 

    Each BEV is also responsible for up to 25 metric tons (55,000 lbs.) of CO2 being emitted into the environment before they are even connected to the electric grid.   In 2017, a Swedish government study looked at how much CO2 is emitted by the making of BEV's battery packs of different sizes. The study found that the extraction, transportation, and production of EV batteries released between 254 kg and 270 kg of CO2/kWh into the planet's atmosphere.  A BEV with a 100 kWh battery is responsible for more CO2 emissions than 10,000 liters of gasoline before its leaves the factory.   This is equivalent to the fuel used to drive a Toyota Camry well over 80,000 km. see: slide #3